Re: [fluid-dev] looking for free fonts with aftertouch and/or more than

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] looking for free fonts with aftertouch and/or more than one bank
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:16:30 +0100 (CET)

>I see gen 17 is pan, for example, but it didn't seem to work for me. What is the input range for those, 0-127 as well? Does the soundfont need to have this enabled somehow? I should also edit the soundfont to test those?

For the pan generator (17) you don't need to edit the soundfont because there are always a set of default "modulator-to-generator" ready to use. The list of default modulator is given in chapter 8.4. For example in 8.4.6 you see that there is a default modulator called "MIDI Continuous Controller 10 to Pan Position". That means that the pan will be controlled by sending MIDI CC 10 (0 to 127) to the synthesizer. The same is true for the modulator "MIDI Continuous Controller 7 to Initial Attenuation" (see 8.4.5) with which you control the volume of the note by sending MIDI CC 7 value. For those CC where there is no default "modulator-to-generator" you need to edit the soundfont and add the required modulator.

jjc