[fluid-dev] Tweaking a sf2 for octave

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: [fluid-dev] Tweaking a sf2 for octave
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:01:27 +1100

Hi All.

This is not really a FluidSynth issue, but maybe someone can help.

I have the latest FS running on a headless RPi with a soundfont with many presets. I plug my EWI into the RPi and the program I have made allows me to tweak the transposition and octave via knobs connected to the GPIO before the Pi sends the notes to FS. If I want to change other parameters (eg reverb, chorus) another part of the program sends commands to the running FS.

The issue is that I'd like to automatically adjust the octave for the selected soundfont. So, when I select Trombone, I'd like the soundfont to adjust the incoming notes by -12. Yes, I can manually do it on my RPi interface, but it would be nicer to have it happen automatically.

Is there a global modulator I can use to do that? I'm using Polyphone.

Ben