Re: [fluid-dev] Building fluid synth on MACOS

From: Conrad Berhörster
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Building fluid synth on MACOS
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 17:01:25 +0200

Am 10.05.2024 um 16:39 schrieb Conrad Berhörster <cb@toncat.de>:

hello
yes, the reason for is is my homebrew installation which is only for ARM systems.
AFAIK it is tricky to have 2 different installations of homebrew.

Before i try to solve this, there are 2 other solutions in my mind.
1) i can try to build the required libs in a different path and redirect the necessary path to that folders.
2) it can be helpful also for other developers to use the git submodule mechanism to download and compile it in a local  folder.

What is your opinion?

ah and one thing i have forgotten

there is a azure yaml file with a macOS_port job  (.azure/azure-pipelines-mac.yml)

12_0_universal_unixlibs:
        macPortsUrl: 'https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/download/v2.7.2/MacPorts-2.7.2-12-Monterey.pkg‘
        imageName: 'macos-12‘
        CMakeFlags: '-Denable-sdl2=0 -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="arm64;x86_64" -Denable-framework=0‘

is this still working?

Regards c~b