freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Re: GNU evaluation: Freehoo

From: M.P.Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Re: GNU evaluation: Freehoo
Date: 24 Jun 2003 03:13:37 -0700

Luis,
,---- address@hidden (Luis Bustamante) writes:
| I already submitted an evaluation about your project to the
| evaluators team. I wrote you a couple of mails but I didn't receive
| an answer, I'll look for them in my archive and forward them to
| you. Also Richard Stallman contacted you about how Freehoo relate
| with other IM systems, but there is no information about a response
| from you in the changelog. I'll reopen the evaluation for further
| study.
`----
Thanks for reopening the evaluation. I guess I must have lost the
mail, when my domain got expired. <address@hidden> is just alias to
<address@hidden>. Can you forward the mail again, if you have
it cached.

,----
| Where can I download the latest version of Freehoo?
`----
Yes, I just made a major 1.0.0 release.

Home page:
http://www.nongnu.org/freehoo/

Download:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/freehoo/stable.pkg/1.0.0/freehoo-1.0.0.tar.gz

Freehoo:
 Freehoo is a console based messenger for Yahoo! IM protocol with
 "readline" and "guile" extension support.

Why another messenger?
 No other instant messenger has this level of functionality with
 readline and guile support in console mode.

Does Freehoo support JABBER and other IM protocols?
 Freehoo was developed specifically for Yahoo IM protocol. But it is
 possible to make it generic for other protocols too. Freehoo will
 atleast support JABBER in future.

What is GNUYahoo?
 Freehoo was previously know as GNUYahoo.

Thanks and Regards
--
 _.|_
(_||_)