freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Freehoo Tasklist

From: K. Viswanathan
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Freehoo Tasklist
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi AB

What error you got with yahoo_add_buddy? In latest
libyahoo2 they have changed the prototype for this
function for which I have made a temporary fix and
documented too. Still you get problems?

In short, this is what I have in my mind as tasklist
to bring back the glory of Freehoo: (listed in order
of priority)

1. CODE CLEAN-UP: Freehoo code should be structured in
a way, with which we can easily migrate to the future
releases of libyahoo2. This also requires change in
data structures we are currently using.

2. ENABLING BASIC FUNCTIONALITIES: Now, some of the
basic functionalities are simply not working. ?quit,
?who, ?bell to name few.

3. READLINE PROBLEM: As of now, some keyboard activity
is required for freehoo to work, when you send any
message etc.

4. ENABLING/TESTING SCHEME EXTENSIONS: To enable and
test all the scheme variables, procedures and hooks.

5. DOC, HOMEPAGE UPDATE: Periodic updating of texi doc
and homepage. Doc has informations about sourcforge
etc which we need to update and review.

Others, please add to this list, if I missed anything.

Regards
Visu