freehoo-devel

Re: [Freehoo-devel] Freehoo Tasklist

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-devel] Freehoo Tasklist
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:22:25 -0700

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| Hi AB
|
| What error you got with yahoo_add_buddy? In latest
| libyahoo2 they have changed the prototype for this
| function for which I have made a temporary fix and
| documented too. Still you get problems?
`----
Ignore that for now, I will raise it if I find it again.
Hopefully I will get back on track by this month end to help you with
the next release.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 1. CODE CLEAN-UP: Freehoo code should be structured in
| a way, with which we can easily migrate to the future
| releases of libyahoo2. This also requires change in
| data structures we are currently using.
`----
Your current change is good. Make sure you maintain minimum changes to
the code derived from sample-client.c. It is even better if you have
all those code in a single file named yahoo2-wrapper.c/h. I would like
to drop all the old wrapper code. This will help us adopt to future
versions with ease.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 2. ENABLING BASIC FUNCTIONALITIES: Now, some of the
| basic functionalities are simply not working. ?quit,
| ?who, ?bell to name few.
`----
No big deal. I or Bala can fix all of them in a day. Don't ever worry
about the Guile part (Scheme extensions, hooks ...). You just get
ready with the core ready.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 3. READLINE PROBLEM: As of now, some keyboard activity
| is required for freehoo to work, when you send any
| message etc.
`----
Me and Bala can take care of this too.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 4. ENABLING/TESTING SCHEME EXTENSIONS: To enable and
| test all the scheme variables, procedures and hooks.
`----
Once you are done with the core. I will give you task by task and
guide you across the entire code base. I would like to get you
promoted as a Maintainer.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 5. DOC, HOMEPAGE UPDATE: Periodic updating of texi doc
| and homepage. Doc has informations about sourcforge
| etc which we need to update and review.
`----
Yes this is important for our release. You were the one to first write
the Freehoo Texinfo pages.. :D

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>