freehoo-devel

Re: [Freehoo-devel] Re: new TODO

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-devel] Re: new TODO
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 13:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi AB
>
> Thats fine.
>
> I donno whether you read my reply regarding Jabber. My
> reply got bounced from your mailbox. If not, read
> below my previuos mail regarding Jabber support and
> another thing with freehoo.
>
> I talked FreeHoo story in detail with Nags's manager
> in Novell. He is impressed about it and wants a demo.
> Nags, Please do this. He also wanted to contribute. It
> will be very good.

Thats nice to hear!

> 1. Sure, we will do that. We shall take this soon
> after 3.0.0 release. Let me know URL (if any) from
> where I can start for this. We will discuss in detail
> after release.

There are many free software libraries for jabber. Lets standardize
on one. I will give details in my next email.

> 2. All the struct callbacks in yahoo-backend.c is now
> merged with the ones in yahoo2-callbacks.c. I feel
> this should be okay. Is renaming once again all the
> ext_yahoo_xyz as fh_ext_yahoo_xyz is a good idea? I
> feel its good.

We can leave all callbacks in yahoo-backend.c or yahoo2-callbacks.c.
Both are OK. I think it is OK to leave as ext_xx instead of fh_ext_xx,
because freehoo is a final application. We will not have a conflict with
these names anywhere. Also maintain minimum changes to the sources from
libyahoo2 project.

-- Anand babu