freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Announcing new project "freetalk"

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Announcing new project "freetalk"
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:35:06 -0700

FreeTalk will be a console based jabber client with exactly freehoo
like interface (readline and guile extensibility).

Previously Visu and Vikas expressed interest in starting this work and
I have asked them to use their resources for other important GNU
projects. But I think time has come for FreeTalk project.

Specially after Google launched their own IM service "Google Talk"
based on jabber protocol. So our "FreeTalk" will work for them, as well
as any jabber service. Jabber is getting ready for prime time
adoption. We want to walk away from Yahoo's proprietary IM protocol.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31