freehoo-devel

Re: [Freehoo-devel] Yahoo login failed, "older version ... no longer sup

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-devel] Yahoo login failed, "older version ... no longer supported"
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:45:25 -0800

Hi Robert, Libyahoo2 handles the protocol layer. Libyahoo2 maintainer could not
actively
maintain the project since he joined Yahoo. Please check their mailing list
http://libyahoo2.sourceforge.net/

I have personally moved to XMPP (jabber) protocol. Check out GNU Freetalk, it
is a clone
of Freehoo for jabber protocol. It works for Google Talk as well.

Robert Dodier wrote:
Hello,

I'm running Freehoo 3.5.3 on Linux. When I tried to run it
for the first time, it reported a message from Yahoo,
"You are using an older version of Yahoo! Messenger that
is no longer supported" and then terminated.

I guess the Yahoo Messenger protocol has been changed
since Freehoo 3.5.3 was released. What would it take to
update Freehoo? I am comfortable with programming various
kinds of protocols so if the changes aren't too great, I might
be able to do it (and I'd be glad to submit patches accordingly).

Thanks for any info. Thanks also for making Freehoo
available, it seems like a great project.

best

Robert Dodier

PS.

Logging in as [robert_dodier] in [Available] mode
Yahoo System Message: Some versions of Yahoo! Messenger now let users
save conversations in their accounts on Yahoo! servers - like email!
Others can save conversations with you even if you don't. More:
http://messenger.yahoo.com/mh/
Yahoo System Message: You are using an older version of Yahoo!
Messenger that is no longer supported. Please upgrade by downloading
the newest version by going to:
http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
HOO!>
Could not login, most probably performing scheduled maintenance.
HOO!> address@hidden freehoo-3.5.3]$