freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [llnl-devel] Multiple Mac Addresses

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [llnl-devel] Multiple Mac Addresses
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:17:19 -0800

Ethernet controller is just one. BMC hooks into the controller to tap
IPMI RMCP/UDP packets.

Host and the BMC can have different IP addresses, but the MAC
address should always be same as that of the Ethernet controller.

IP address settings are currently configured as "static". Problem can
also be caused because of faulty negotiation between the switch and
the NIC.

-ab
,----[ address@hidden ]

`----