freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IPMI Serial Interface (Terminal Mode) PowerPC

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IPMI Serial Interface (Terminal Mode) PowerPC
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:07:31 -0700

Hi Deepak,

Looking through things some more, I think I may have been confused
earlier.  Some additional thoughts:

> If it is correct then is Terminal Mode Serial Interface Driver (Linux)
> available with freeIPMI and what all is required to customise it for
> using MPC8560 serial driver(SCC)?

I was unaware that there was a driver in Linux that could put you into
terminal mode.  Perhaps that's what you're talking about?  If that's the
case, you may have things a lot easier.  If you look at 14.7.8 of the
ipmi 2.0 spec, there are lists of ascii text commands to do alot of the
IPMI commands for you.  You may not even need libfreeipmi :-)

Al