freeipmi-devel

RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Patch for Fujitsu OEM Sensor Types and SEL deco

From: Liebig, Holger
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Patch for Fujitsu OEM Sensor Types and SEL decoding
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:58:15 +0200

> Hey Holger,
>
> I finally got to this patch.  I've created a branch for this:
>
> svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/freeipmi/branches/fujitsu-0-8-0
>
> I had to re-work a few things for consistency to the other code
> (subtleties I'm sure you just missed, no biggie).

Hey Al,
Thanks for taking a closer look at the provided patch. As you guessed
correctly, I will need more time to check the details ;)

With the proposed --output-oem-event-string option a customer has the option to
get (exactly) the same output from freeipmi as he gets from the other
interfaces of the BMC. The iRMC supports a fancy Web interface as well as text
based menu driven access via SSH/Telnet which all use the same API to decode
the SEL. The basic idea is to let the BMC decode the event. If there are
changes in the SEL interpretation or new/additional parameter combinations with
a firmware update, the BMC will know how to interpret this and external tools
would not needed to be updated and the output is consistent.

Holger