freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_ctx_find_inband: device already open

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_ctx_find_inband: device already open
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:23:51 -0700

Hey Kenneth,

I now see the full "path" of what's going on.  The key is the
'IPMI_ADDRESS_SPACE_ID_SYSTEM_IO' bit, that indicates that system IO
isn't supported w/ KCS.

However, with the info from the ipmi-locate below, it strongly suggests
that KCS is supported, but that maybe that bit was set wrong.  For fun,
could you give the following a try?

ipmi-sensors -D KCS --disable-auto-probe --driver-address=0xCA2
--register-spacing=1

and see if that works?  If it does, then we atleast have something we
can point to HP and say there's an issue.

Thanks,
Al

--
Albert Chu