repeat question on Updaters

From: Julian Cummings
Subject: repeat question on Updaters
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:46:36 -0700

Hi All,

I raised a question when I sent a message out about the
particle tests I have fixed thus far, but I guess no one
noticed it or bothered to respond, so I am repeating it
here.  In order to do a particle-->field scatter, it is
necessary to first clear the internal and external guard
layers.  I believe that the function to zero out the internal
guard layers remains intact in the existing MultiPatchEngine
code.  The way we used to zero out the external guard layers
was by attaching a constant face boundary condition with
constant value zero to the field, applying the boundary condition,
and then deleting the boundary condition.  I'd like to know how
to do something similar in the context of Pooma Updaters.
Is there an easy way to create and destroy temporary boundary
conditions?  Is there a better way of accessing and clearing the
external guard layers with the new Fields?  If someone already
knows the answer, this will save me a lot of time.

Thanks, Julian C.

--
Dr. Julian C. Cummings                       E-mail: address@hidden
California Institute of Technology           Phone:  626-395-2543