[freesci-develop] Latest Glutton build

From: Matthew Herberg
Subject: [freesci-develop] Latest Glutton build
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:49:48 -0700

Everything compiles great, but I get the following error when I run the resulting binary:

        FreeSCI 0.6.0 Copyright (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
         Dmitry Jemerov, Christopher T. Lansdown, Sergey Lapin, Rickard Lind,
        Carl Muckenhoupt, Christoph Reichenbach, Magnus Reftel, Lars Skovlund,
        Rink Springer, Petr Vyhnak, Solomon Peachy, Matt Hargett, Alex Angas
        This program is free software. You can copy and/or modify it freely
        according to the terms of the GNU general public license, v2.0
        or any later version, at your option.
        It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
        Unrecognized game id: 0x00e37ce1
        Resmgr: Detected SCI0
        FreeSCI, version 0.6.0
        Adjusting for magic offset!!

        Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
        script_instantiate (s=0x316000, script_nr=592976) at vm.c:1895
1895 obj->variable_names_nr = base_obj->variables_nr;
        (gdb) quit

It doesn't matter what game I try to load (they are all SCI0 and work in 0.3.4a compiled on the same machine). I'm new to the development team, so I don't know where to start in tracking down the cause of this error.

Can anyone else replicate this error or know the cause? I'm using Mac OS X 10.3, compiled with gcc 3.3, using the SDL graphics backend in case that is useful to anyone, although I'm pretty sure my system has nothing to do with the problem. General tips in helping me track down the cause are also welcome.

Thanks,
Matt