[freesci-develop] VS2005 support for Win32

From: Alex Angas
Subject: [freesci-develop] VS2005 support for Win32
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:51:17 +1100

This is probably most appropriate for James Albert...

On the weekend I spent a few hours creating a fresh build environment for stable under Visual Studio 2005. In the process I found some files being compiled that weren't required any more, inconsistent settings, etc. so it was a useful process for more than just that.

The reason why I created from scratch is because the build configuration files (.sln, .vcproj, etc.) between VS2003 and 2005 have a different format. This means that the VS2005 configuration will have to live somewhere else from src\win32, e.g. src\win32\VS2005. It seems then like a good idea to move the VS2003 config files to src\win32\VS2003 and VS6 config files to src\win32\VS6 as the src\win32 directory is a bit of a mess.

How does this sound to you? Would directories with names of VS6, VS7 and VS8 be better? I would do this after release.

Regards,

Alex.