[freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.3.5 (stable) and 0.6.2 (unstable) released!

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.3.5 (stable) and 0.6.2 (unstable) released!
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:28:29 -0700

Hi everyone,

Over two years after the last release, updated versions of FreeSCI have
finally been unleashed unto the general public.

Highlights from the stable release include:
* GP32 port and WinCE port (Walter van Niftrik and Ismail Khatib, respectively)
* A game selection screen (by Hugues Valois)
* Per-resource shading, to allow manual fine-tuning of SCI game graphics
* Background image drawing optimisations
* Many, many bugfixes (and maybe a couple of new bugs to spice things up).

The unstable release is meant as a technology preview only, as we still offer
no savegame support.  Significant changes include improvements to the new sound
subsystem, a mark-and-sweep garbage collector for the virtual machine and the
usual allotment of bug fixes.  It should be noted that Jones in the Fast Lane
is now beatable, and a significant chunk of Leisure Suit Larry 1 has been
completed in the unstable branch (thanks to Matt Hargett's diligence-- as I
mentioned, we don't have savegames yet.)

-- Christoph