Re: [freesci-develop] Scanning for games

From: David Karlgren
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Scanning for games
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:00:53 +0100

Eugene Sandulenko wrote:

I need some support here.... I seem to be very unlucky running FreeSCI on my
Gentoo laptop. Compiling works just fine, but the second I launch the
freesci binary it freezes the entire X server, displaying a message
"scanning for games...".

I tried even without any games, just running the freesci binary from an
empty folder.

What on earth should I do?
Try daily ScummVM build.
For the specific game I'm trying to run - which is Colonel's Bequest - ScummVM said it couldn't the game. I'm guessing not all titles are supported with ScummVM yet?

But I would still like to know why FreeSCI completely locks my system when it's scanning for games.....?

David Karlgren