Re: [Devel] Help ... True Type font description ...

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Help ... True Type font description ...
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:34:13 +0200

Hello,

Nishanta Abeysinghe a écrit :

> Is there an API that enables one to read a true type header or sufficient
> information to get the listed font name from within
> a ttf/ttc file.

You should be able to access the TT header of a given TrueType font
by using the FT_Get_Sfnt_Table() function call.

There is also FT_Get_Sfnt_Name, which will return internal names
(like family, vendor, style, full, etc..) embedded in TrueType
fonts..

Don't forget to test the font's type with the FT_IS_SFNT() macro
to ensure that a FT_Face corresponds to a TrueType/OpenType font..

Hope this helps,

- David