Re: [ft-devel] Getting Module Pointer From a Module Function?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Getting Module Pointer From a Module Function?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:39:34 +0100

Hi Mickey,

2009/1/22 Mickey Gabel <address@hidden>
Is there a standard/good way to get the module pointer (not the module class, I am talking about FT_ModuleRec that contains the module's data).

Case in point:

I am working on af_face_globals_new() in autofit/afglobals.c which is part of the autofit module.
Is there a way to get to the FT_AutofitterRec which is initialized during module init (AutoFitterRec is defined in autofit/afmodule.c) ?

I could add the parameter explicitly, but is there a more standard way?

You could try calling FT_Get_Module( face->library, "module name" );

I'm surprised you'd want to do that though, what kind of non-font-face-specific data would you like to store there ?

Are you trying to cache the result of global glyph analysis to speed up things. I would recommend provide a way
for the library user to store it in its own cache, with callbacks to lookup/add the data from the font engine. That
way the client could control exactly how much memory is consumed by this scheme.

Regards

- David