Re: [ft-devel] Win64 issues and coding style

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Win64 issues and coding style
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:09:05 +0100 (CET)

> In such case, I want to write as:
>
> ft_internal_function(unsigned long ularg)
>   [...]
>
> FT_Function(long int  slarg)
>   [...]

Please no.  I don't like having the `ul' and `sl' prefixes or
something similar to indicate the type of the variable.  However, I
fully agree that variables should be named differently in such
situations to avoid confusion.

Maybe using a generic `arg' for FT_Function, and, say, `idx' for
ft_internal_function?  Or maybe use `idx_arg' or `raw_idx' in
FT_Function.

Be generous in renaming (internal) stuff to the better, as long as the
variable names don't become too long!  Of course, comments always
help...  As a general rule, I immediately add a comment to the source
code if my interpretation is wrong after having just a quick look.  I
encourage you to do the same (and we don't need ChangeLog entries for
source code comments).