Re: [ft-devel] FreeType vs Gamma Correction

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType vs Gamma Correction
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:04:49 -0400

> Please correct me where my assumptions are wrong

I think you are confused. FreeType simply provides *colorless* coverage map,
i.e., fraction of each pixel covered by an outline. This coverage is a
proportion of a text color to be mixed/blended with a surface color. It is just
a proportion, it is never never transformed.

A client app should be using gamma-corrected colors but it happens outside
FreeType.