Regarding freetype-demos

From: ANUJ VERMA
Subject: Regarding freetype-demos
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:20:37 +0530

Hello,
I was looking at the freetype demos and they don't seem to be working on windows 10 for me, I am able to build the demos but they don't seem to work how they should be. Instead of opening a window and showing the result, the demo is just opening on the command prompt and just shows text and not images.

Moreover I think using OpenGL and ImGui for creating the ftinspect demo will be much easier since QT has a huge install size on windows. I have created a kind of clone of ftinspect demo using OpenGL and ImGui. Currently I am using my own framework to draw stuff (which is basically an abstraction of opengl), but something more well documented can be used instead (like SDL). I have tested the demo on both linux and windows and so far it works well on both.

In the demo I have also added the generation of distance fields (using other libraries). Initially I wanted to show the demo for my GSoc project but I wasn't able to do it on time. So the demo can also be used to compare the output of the distance field and see how well it preserves quality. I have added two methods to generate distance fields (one from bitman and one directly from outline).

ImGui : https://github.com/ocornut/imgui
Link to the demo :- https://github.com/preversewharf45/freetype-demo

Thank You,
Anuj