Re: [freetype2] Remove #include FT_XXX_H includes from library sources

From: Alan Coopersmith
Subject: Re: [freetype2] Remove #include FT_XXX_H includes from library sources
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 16:21:10 -0700

On 6/8/20 4:06 PM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:

We can remove <ft2build.h> as well, can't we? It is only used to
define the macros. So it is either ft2build.h and macros or neither.

Not until all the consumers of FreeType are adapted to use direct
header inclusion instead of the macros,

Perhaps I was not clear. There is no point to have #include <ft2build.h> in the
FreeType source files that do not use macros any longer. The files that use
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_H still need it.

Ah, yes I misunderstood you as saying to eliminate the file entirely -
I agree that once the macros are not used then you can remove the
#include directives for it from the other files in FreeType itself.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith@oracle.com
         Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc