Re: GSoC 2023

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: GSoC 2023
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 09:49:23 -0700

I apologize. I forgot about ftbench.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 9:22 AM Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org> wrote:
Hi Werner,

One idea would be to develop a performance benchmarking suite of various aspects of the library's functionality. I don't think FreeType currently has one?

For ideas, you can look look at HarfBuzz's here (which also measure's FreeType):

  https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/tree/main/perf

We use google-benchmark library (C++) for this and have been very happy with it.

Regards,