Re: ftview segfault on ArefRuqaaInk-Regular.ttf (one of google web fonts

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: ftview segfault on ArefRuqaaInk-Regular.ttf (one of google web fonts)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 23:31:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Monday, 22 May 2023 at 17:43:35 GMT+8, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> works just fine (`-kZ` switches off SVG rendering).  And yes, B/W (or
> rather gray-scale) output is expected since FreeType doesn't support
> 'COLR' v1 rendering.

"-k cz " in combination with -l N does what c and z says, toggling the bitmap and outline colour (according to the side panel info).

But I found that it has no effect on the hugh memory consumption and segfault. It seems to be doing quite large blocks of memory allocation - climbing in steps of about 0.5 GB each time ie from top, it says 600MB or so , then jump to  1.1G, then to 1.6G, 2.1G, then dies.

In the middle it seems to be busy doing pixman/cairo  things. That is regarding whether "-k cz" is present or not.

What svg font does it work well with? I think I should do Valgrind on a font that works, to see what is leaking.

Hin-Tak