Re: QT6 build of ftinspect bit-rotten?

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: QT6 build of ftinspect bit-rotten?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:16:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 05:52:36 BST, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Btw, anybody done QT6 build of ftinspect lately?

> Well, looking into `src/ftinspect/{meson.build,CMakeLists.txt}` I only
> see build support for Qt5.  Apparently, Qt6 support was tested
> experimentally only.

> Charlie, can you comment, please?

There are some conditionals "if QT_VERSION(6, 0, 0)" scattered through out the code, and QT6 provides a qt5compat library, so I though I'll give it a try. The qt6 support is WIP I guess. Maybe bombing out is better (ie where the API is known to change, just bomb out with '#error "qt6 not yet supported"' ), but I guess Charlie never foresaw somebody bypassing meson/cmake and try to build ftinspect without using either :-).