Re: COLRv1 to gray/alpha question (& color-blindness question)

From: Brad Neimann
Subject: Re: COLRv1 to gray/alpha question (& color-blindness question)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 04:09:33 +0000

A somewhat related question - colour fonts are used beyond emoji's. While there are 5 kinds of emoji fonts now, and most people are using one of 4... but if you check Google Fonts, there are 10 colour fonts, one is emoji, but 6 are Arabic (useful for annotating the Quran...) and 3 are Latin. So there are intentions for text fonts. A few percents of western male population is color-blind. Colour-blindness is one of the most common eye problems, after short-sightedness :-).

I’m colour-blind, but not sure I understand what you’re asking here. None of the colour fonts on Google Fonts seem obviously difficult to read for me.

Regards,
Brad