6th OT-SVG hook bridge (Re: skia as a shared library, and the (poor) sup

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: 6th OT-SVG hook bridge (Re: skia as a shared library, and the (poor) support for Google's OT-SVG variant by libre software
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:14:30 +0000 (UTC)

Just put it through:

https://github.com/rougier/freetype-py/blob/master/examples/ot-svg-example-skia.py

It depends on material in the next skia-python, 117b3:
https://github.com/kyamagu/skia-python/pull/197

I think the current plan is for about a dozen beta releases until about skia-python m130 b16 , in the next year and half. (Skia has new release every 4 to 6 weeks...) If things go well, there might be a non-beta release by then.

This is probably the easiest way of coping with some *cough* google *cough* OT-SVG fonts, given rsvg and Adobe Native can't cope. Skia-python comes with a bundled skia, so you don't have to build it yourself.

The plan is to release skia-python m117 b3, whatever state it is, when upstream m118 appears (in about two weeks' time...), etc, until about m130 b16, at least.