[ft] Problem rendering font

From: Patrik Weiskircher
Subject: [ft] Problem rendering font
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:46:31 -0400

Hello!

We're using FreeType in our PDF rendering framework to render text content.
Recently, a customer of ours sent us a PDF with a strange text rendering
problem. We investigated and noticed that FreeType does render the glyphs
wrong with this font.

Admittedly, the font looks a little broken (doesn't have a charmap, etc)
but all other PDF viewers can correctly render the text in this PDF with
the given font. We also noticed that if we only get the outline of the
glyph and render it ourselves it looks correct.

Attached you can find a little C program I wrote to demonstrate the
problem. Simply compile and run and it produces a `render.png` of a glyph
that should be an `O`. I also attached the output (`render.png`).

Is there anything else I can do to try to get FreeType to correctly render
this font? Is there something I am overlooking or is this a bug?

Thanks so much!
Patrik

[image: render.png]

PNG image