Re: [ft] Linking against freetype in Linux

From: Kris
Subject: Re: [ft] Linking against freetype in Linux
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 20:37:21 +0100

So ...

In a fit of frustration, I downloaded the install ISO for Debian 9, and built a new VM. Nothing fancy - just a minimal install, then used apt to add the extra packages. Took about 20 minutes.

IT WORKED!

Now, I can't blame Ubuntu, because it's probably the world's most popular distro and if there was any serious problem then people would have noticed. It's obviously something I'm not doing right, like a step I've missed.

But in terms of a Linux distro that makes sense *to me* ... Debian is looking pretty hot right now. :)

Thanks very much for everyone's input, and for all your sanity checks. It was really helpful!

All the best,

Kris.