2.10.3 BW renderer changes

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: 2.10.3 BW renderer changes
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 18:03:57 -0500

Davide,

> The new output is much worse, most of chars have single dots protruding
in the external outline.

We won't be able to help you unless you help us to reproduce or see
the issue. At the very least you should name the font and the size,
and give a screenshot.  Also, in our mind, only bugs in 2.12.1 are
worth fixing. You should try this most recent version in case it is
fixed already. There could be other software that disabled the hinting
too. Therefore, we prefer that you show the issue using freetype demos
like ftview or ftgrid.

Does this make sense? Your report does not have any details. You can
use https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/issues once you
have mode details.

Can you help us to help you?

Alexei