Thanks for the tutorial!

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Thanks for the tutorial!
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 12:59:52 +0000

Hello, freetype.

I was looking to convert some TTF fonts to bitmaps for use in the Linux
console, and I was wondering whether freetype might be the right
software for this.

Within half an hour of starting to read your tutorial, not only was it
clear that the answer is yes, it even told me how to make the
conversion!

This tutorial is absolutely brilliant!  It goes into exactly the right
level of detail (at least, for me), and covered most (?all) of the
little points I thought I'd need to spend hours scanning a manual for.

Many thanks to the person who took the trouble to write it so well.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).