Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re:GNU/Linux, Linux Divide

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re:GNU/Linux, Linux Divide
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 00:51:09 GMT

Martin Keegan <address@hidden> wrote:
> There are Universities which run classes on "how they want to commercially
> exploit public-funded works"?

I believe they are normally called things like "Practical Intellectual
Property Law for Academics" and so on, but I think my title is a bit more
descriptive of the content.  For example,
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/personnel/staffdev/research/r02.html
looks suspicious to me, although I've never attended it and don't know
Camb's policies.  http://www.rsd.cam.ac.uk/../tto/ip/ says that they don't
claim ownership of normal academic forms of publication, so maybe it's safe
to develop Free Software there.  Even if it is, other places have different
policies...