Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt (MJ Ray)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt (MJ Ray)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 18:56:42 GMT

Richard Smedley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nick Hockings wrote:
>> To back this up I am recruiting a team of volunteers around the UK who are
>> willing to install and maintain free software in their local MP's offices.
>> The
> How are you going about this? I think the LUGs and PM groups could be a
> useful resource here. Also a little publicity to attract further
> volunteers - I'm sure such a project could get at least a small news
> mention in both UK Linux mags.

Shall we create an "adopt a politician" site?  I'm blatently stealing the
idea from STAND, but the idea here is more to get hard details on
adopter/adoptee exchanges of information, so we can find out what does and
doesn't work, as well as know the opinions of various politicians.  Start
with MPs and then try for council, union and association leaders and other
likely future MPs.  (Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that council leaders will
be trying for selection... political types, educate me now.)