Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Patents] Re: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Reply from Arlene McC

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Patents] Re: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Reply from Arlene McCarthy MEP
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:34:03 +0100

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:09:04AM +0200, Bernhard Kaindl wrote:
> Wow, You got a reply from Arlene McCarthy, you know that she is the
> rappoteur of this directive?
> It was her professional job for the commission
> to further improve the proposal and put it to plenary.
>
> You should know that talking to her is like if the we would be the
> citizens of Israel and talk to Arafat. Hey Arafat answered, quite cool...

Arlene sent out this cut'n'paste e-mail to virtually everyone who has
e-mailed her on the topic yesterday; I received one, from looking at the
Gllug archives people there received it. It also looks strikingly similar
IMO to the official Labour Party response that seems to be being sent out
to people who contact their MEPs.

Hey, at least she's addressing them personally I guess.

> I don't know what "scrutinity", my dictionaries don't have it but for
> the rest I agree.

'Scrutiny' (I think ;) - looking at something in detail, examining it,
to scrutinise something is also to watch it, in a way.

http://freenetproject.org/eusp/index.php ?