Re: [Fsfe-uk] Health Service departments unable to read AbiWord attachme

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Health Service departments unable to read AbiWord attachments
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:51:46 +0000

Chris C wrote:
> [...] I don't mind accepting MSWord documents that OO.o can read, the
> sender probably doesn't have anything better [...]

Are there versions of MSWord which can output neither RTF nor HTML?
More than 90% of the time, sending me Word gets a request to
resend as something smaller and more reliable, especially if
you are a council, as they're told not to do that (data escape!).

Mind you, some councils went a bit free with their "Freedom of
Information" changes, publishing all requester contact data,
which wasn't quite what they were told to do either.

--
MJR/slef
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html#attachments