gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] First use of gnome-vfs successor in gnome-commander: Open

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] First use of gnome-vfs successor in gnome-commander: Open with default application
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 08:39:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Michael,

this was just a very first step of the migration away from gnome-vfs. The
source code is still covered with many references to this library. But in the
last days I made some more progress to move away from it. Since yesterday, the
file roller plugin does not need gnome-vfs as well. \o/

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-commander/-/commits/master

Still a lot to do... The most critical part will be file movement in the class
gnome-cmd-xfer.cc. I will need some time until I come to this one. Let's see.

Best wishes
Uwe