gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander Flatpak

From: Ken Taylor
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander Flatpak
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 22:56:06 +0000

Hello Uwe,

That is fantastic news.  I looked at some of the info on git-hub. It appears
that Egon has created the recipe for creating the G-C flatpack. This might sort
of like building from source without chasing down all the support packages.
Egon did say that he could "publish" (I think that was the term) the flatpack.
If that means he would build the flatpack complete and host it on git-hub or
some place so that the end (ab)user can simply download it... that would be
ideal.

I also saw today that Linux Mint 21 LTS is now on the street. I believe this is
based on Ubuntu 22.04 and thus should have some libraries which are necessary
to build the post-gvfs versions of G-C. I just finished building a Mint 21
virtual machine and I will see if I can get all the piece and parts to build
it. I believe I built a late version on Ubuntu 22 some months ago. I will let
you know.  I may play with the Flatpack process if I get a chance, especially
for CentOS.

Ken Taylor
Clayton, NC

I don't have a Swiss bank account but I DO have a Swiss email address :-)
Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.