getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Contact forces in Large Sliding Contact Brick

From: Moritz Jena
Subject: [Getfem-users] Contact forces in Large Sliding Contact Brick
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 12:49:55 +0200

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the 'Large-Sliding-Contact'-Brick.

I use this large sliding contact brick to create a contact between two different bodies.

Now I need to read the contact forces between those two bodies. Therefore I use the command:

force = gf_model_get(md, 'variable', name_of_multiplier)

However, I'm not sure how the contact forces are outputted by the function mentioned.

Are they outputted in the global coordinate system (fg_x,fg_y), or are they outputted in a local element system (fl_x,fl_y),
or are they outputted with respect to the contacting surface e.g. normal-force an tangential-force (fn, ft).

I didn’t find any detailed information for the contact forces in the user documentation. Is there any?

I hope you can help me out with this problem.

Best regards,

Moritz