[Gnash-dev] how to handle hash_map

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [Gnash-dev] how to handle hash_map
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:04:31 -0500

I've begun moving away from libbase's hash template to the standard hash_map. Problem is, as many of us know, hash_map is not an official part of the STL standard. It is included in the GNU implementation of libstdc++ (#include <ext/hash_map>, namespace __gnu_cxx), and I believe it is also implemented by other vendors (such as SGI). Should we use the platform's hash_map if available (and known to us), and if not, then fall back on our own implementation, taken from libstdc++? Or should we just copy the most recent ext/hash_map file from libstdc++ into libbase and use it regardless?

Jim