Re: [Gnash-dev] Bug with Trasnformation Matrixes for embeded objects

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Bug with Trasnformation Matrixes for embeded objects
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:02:37 -0700

Dima Codreanu wrote:

I have been working on porting gnash to windows for the last 2 weeks (I work only on weekends actually). I have succeded at last and everything is working fine with the exception of networking (I dont know any good ports of networking for win32), sound (havent been able to find a port

Look in server/network.cpp. I added win32 networking support last week wrapped with an "ifdef WINSOCK".

for ogg vorbis) and I have an impression that xml too (it doesn't seem to get compiled at all thanks to some #ifdefs, but I don't have libxml on

  With a current snapshot, XML should be built by default now.

By the way? has the Timer Function been implemented? I have some flash files that uses the heartbeat function of a timer, and they simple dont call that function (Again, it works with Flash player). It might be

Timer is implemented, and should work. I haven't tested it in ages though.

PS. by the way, how can I get access to modify the sources direclty on the server and what should I do to get access on the server? I am knew both to Linux as well as cvs and the whole idea of open source projects. How can I get started?

I"d suggest starting by posting patches to this gnash-dev list, or the patches section of the savannah web site. Chances are these patches will need a little tweaking, as VC++ compliance can be handled several ways by autoconf. Once we've worked through the configure/build changes, I can add you as a project member. You'd need an account on savannah. You'd also need to assign your changes to the FSF, and the important question is if you have ever agree to the licensing terms from MacroMedia for their products, you can't contribute code to Gnash because it's against the MacroMedia EULA.