Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL buffering question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL buffering question
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:05:33 -0700

Dima Codreanu wrote:

Is it possible that two consequitive SwapBuffers() are called (with only irelevant calls between them), or maybe gl_ClearBuffers(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT | ...<other used buffers>) isnt called between the SwapBuffers() so a previous image is in the buffer, and the new triangles don't get rendered since the z-test whould prevent them from being drawn (or any other tests of a buffer that has not been cleaned).

What's weird is the previous SwapBuffer is from a completely different run of Firefox, so it's like it's stuck in memory someplace. I'll try clearing the buffer.

The second case whould show the effect you are describing, while the first whould result in some flickering (I doubt it could be done so fast that the human eye wouldn't notice the flickering).
If this is a multithreading problem, then it is more serious.

I'm pretty sure I nailed all the threading issues. I can tell they're working because if I obscure a window and then expose it, the graphic gets redraw by the Gnash event loop. Besides, for this level of testing I'm only using one instantiation of the plugin.