[Gnash-dev] gstreamer sound backend getting closer

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: [Gnash-dev] gstreamer sound backend getting closer
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:13:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'n finally getting somewhere with the new gstreamer sound backend, and hope to
make a patch available monday, which will at least be as good as the current
SDL_mixer/mad implemtation.

BUT there is still a problem. I've tried to make configure look for and detect
gstreamer 0.10, but the way the gnash build system works is not clear to me,
and add to that that i'm not a configure-guru... So if anyone has a moment or
two, it would be great if configure would look for gstreamer 0.10 or higher,
and if that fails, fall back to SDL_mixer. This should also impact the check
for vorbis, this that is only needed by SDL_mixer afaik.

cheers,

Tomas