Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies pol

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies pollution)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 01:32:02 +0200

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 05:00:45PM +0200, strk wrote:
> [still answering myself, but better share]
>
> I realized that the problem is really in Gnash, not debian or glib, as
> gstreamer actually builds linking against the 2.8 version of glib.
>
> A Gstreamer developer suggested to *not* use glib 2.6 as it's buggy
> and would break gstreamer full functionality, so we're back to fixing
> Gnash build scripts.
>
> So, I'll go back under the fire and let you know .

Ok, it seems that making sure that GLIB_LIBS is specified *before*
other LIBS does the trick.

NOTE: I did try to keep AM_LDFLAGS empty for the executable files, but
that wasn't still working. Maybe it's my brain that is too tired to follow
it, anyway it's now working fine. If anyone still has problems we might
try a cleaner solution.