[Gnash-dev] Re: Text quality (was: Questions about trapezoids, triangle

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Text quality (was: Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:00:40 +0200

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:30:08PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> s> This is what I'm also trying to understand.
> s> There's also an attempt to cache identical bitmaps for different glyphs...
>
> Identical bitmaps? For glyphs that look identical?

Seems so, see try_to_reuse_previous_image in fontlib.cpp

> Anyway, we could use the AGG routines to draw the bitmap cache
> in-memory even for the OpenGL backend. That would make everything much
> easier.

Indeed, if AGG can be plugged to multiple backend I dunno what
would the benefit be for both the current OpenGL and cairo
implementation... much better if we can get rid of them all, at
least we can introduce as much redesign as we like w/out bothering
with the backward compatibility issues.