Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:46:08 +0200

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 04:15:33PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> - The fontlib has been modified slightly so that it asks the renderer
>   if it wishes textured glyphs at all. Since I noticed there is a
>   simple anti-aliased renderer in there I kept it. The tesselating
>   render handler still uses textured (=bitmap) glyphs. AGG however
>   renders them directly.

There's some work required in fontlib to also allow creation
of a single font texture. Currently there's only a function that
creates textures for ALL fonts in a movie_definition, which cannot
work since we won't know ALL fonts until we've finished reading
the whole SWF, but we want to start using them *before* then.

See: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?17385