Re: [Gnash-dev] New soundhandler in CVS

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] New soundhandler in CVS
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 18:53:28 +0200 (CEST)

--- Rob Savoye <address@hidden> skrev:

> Tomas Groth wrote:
>
> > To use the new soundhandler run the configure-script with this option:
> > "--enable-sound=sdl". If you got ffmpeg installed it will be used per
> default
> > for mp3 decoding. If you rather use libmad, then you must also use the
> > "--enable-mad" option.
>
>   Any way to make sure this is installed & configured correctly ? I'm
> only used to using ffmpeg from within Mplayer, but no matter what I seem
> to do, I still get no sound when trying the new ffmpeg based sound support.

I guess it would be an idea to print some info from configure about whether we
use ffmpeg... But a quick way to check if ffmpeg is detected is to check the
output from "make dumpconfig". Also when running gnash with "-v -r3" you should
get warnings if you sdl as soundbackend, but got no mp3 support.

cheers,

Tomas