Re: [Gnash-dev] framebuffer gui

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] framebuffer gui
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:55:19 -0600

strk wrote:

>> In the embedded world, each kbyte of RAM is precious and startup time
>> is very important. So, if another layer can be avoided it's better.
>
> As you said, we need input  :)

  This is the purpose of the GUI toolkit. A framebuffer will never have
input support unless we write all of our own support for it. Both SDL
and FLTK2 are small footprint GUI toolkits for embedded devices. I
believe both should be able to handle mouse or keyboard input when mixed
with AGG, and not take up much more space in a portable fashion.