Re: [Gnash-dev] Release shortlist

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Release shortlist
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:57:06 +0200

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 09:33:32AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> strk wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:38:21AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> >
> > I don't think GUI testing will fit in next release, just having
> > the tests under actionscript.all/ and libbase/ all run by
> > make check would be good enough for now.
>
>   There is no way even simple GUI testing should be in the next release.
>  Other than fixing sound, we should probably hesitate to launch off on
> any new projects to squeeze into this next release. Once the release
> goes out, then we can risk destabilizing everything again with alot of
> development.

I've started a simple MovieTester class, doesn't do much, but can
be something to use for inspecting a movie while it's playing.
Altough I provided a test for our DefineEditTextVariableName
testcase I've to say I'm not happy with the root advance stepping
into frames in this way:

        create_instance : framenumber=0
        advance         : framenumber=0
        advance         : framenumber=1

... I accepted this as a form of "regress" test, but I think we
should fix the libserver instead ...